Wander the fabled land of pharaohs and kings—where colossal pyramids, legendary tombs, and towering temples cascade across the terrain. An unhurried, 14-day journey down the Nile River reveals seemingly limitless vistas of vast deserts contrasted by metropolitan cities. From biblical times through to modern day, Egypt has been the site of monumental historical events, staggering technological achievements, and compelling human stories.
Before embarkation, enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar. In Luxor, view Karnak Temple—one of the largest religious buildings in the world. And travel north beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings at Abydos Temple. Visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon. Accompanied by expert Egyptologists, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of Egypt and its antiquities. Then in the evenings, relax among some of the area’s most opulent hotels.
This all-meals-included program also features an exclusive four-night cruise on the Nile River aboard a luxury dahabiya. This deluxe, 14-guest sailing vessel offers the opportunity to see life on the Nile from a different perspective.
After disembarking in Aswan, learn about contemporary Egyptian construction while visiting Aswan’s High Dam before an evening stroll through the colorful market in town.
As the program nears its end, take a flight to Abu Simbel to view the temples, which were relocated in order to build the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
- In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
- Travel beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings in the Temple of Seti I and view the Abydos King List, which was instrumental to understanding Ancient Egyptian history.
- On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon.
- Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for four nights on the Nile River.
- Sail to the Nile's Elephantine and Soheil Islands and explore their sacred temples and traditional Nubian villages.
During an optional excursion (additional fee), view the temples of Abu Simbel carved into a massive rock cliff, which were relocated and perfectly reconstructed after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- 8 nights luxury hotel accommodations plus 4 nights aboard a stately dahabiya
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, and 11 dinners
- All excursions listed on the 14-day itinerary including admission to sites and venues
- Excursion transportation
- Gratuities to hotels, drivers, dahabiya staff, porters, and guides
- Group airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.
From $6,499 to $10,499