The alumni directory is an easy way to stay connected with fellow alumni, exchange career advice, and reconnect with old classmates.
Log in to the Alumni Directory
Your GW UserID is your username that will be used to sign in to a variety of GW applications, including the Alumni Directory and GW email. You will need to register for a UserID if you graduated in 2002 or earlier.
Stay in Touch
Choose one of the options to stay in touch with fellow alumni:
Full Alumni Directory Terms + Conditions
The George Washington University Alumni Online Directory ("the Directory") is provided by The George Washington University and the George Washington Alumni Association (together, "the University"), and is designed to facilitate communication among alumni for personal or University-related purposes.
You may not, under any circumstances, use information in the Alumni Directory for the purpose of sending solicitations of any kind, including but not limited to commercial or political services, cold calls, or mass mailings. Information available through the directory may be used for specific personal and university-related purposes only.
(Updated June 7, 2016)
- Privacy + Security
The University has not, does not and will not sell alumni information to anyone. All alumni information is strictly guarded for use by individual alumni and the GWAA for personal and University-related purposes only.
The University has taken all reasonable precautions to secure the personal information available through the Directory. The Directory is password protected to allow access by registered University alumni only.
Although this precaution should effectively protect any personal information available through the Directory from abuse or outside interference of a non-criminal nature, a certain degree of privacy risk is faced any time information is shared over the Internet. Therefore, through the Alumni Directory you have the ability to hide your information from being viewed by other Alumni Directory members.
- Policy + Guidelines for Proper Use
To safeguard the operation of the Directory, the University has adopted many guidelines and policies that are used by the University to govern conduct, particularly conduct that occurs in an online environment. In addition to the University's policies and guidelines, users of the Community must abide by the following specific rules and regulations:
- A. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplicating any of the material is prohibited. You may download or copy any downloadable materials displayed on the Directory for home, noncommercial and personal use only; provided, however, that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material and you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any material accessed through the Directory.
- B. Use of information or communications available through the Directory, directly or indirectly, for any commercial, public or political purposes is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, solicitations for commercial services, cold-calling of any kind or mass-mailings for commercial, public or political purposes. Information available through the Directory may be used for specific personal and University-related purposes only.
- C. Users shall not restrict nor inhibit any other user from enjoying any service on the Directory. Posting of obscene materials or use of obscene language, posting of vulgar materials, or use of vulgar language, or use of abusive, defamatory, profane, or threatening language of any kind, will constitute a violation of these policies governing the use of the Directory. Additionally, users shall not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any materials containing a virus or any other harmful component.
- D. All aliases adopted by users of the Directory are subject to approval by the University to ensure that the proper image is associated with the institution.
The University is not responsible for screening communications made using the Directory in advance, and the University will not routinely monitor use of the Directory. For this reason, it is essential that the Directory members report any abuses or misuses of the Directory to the University at [email protected].
If the University determines, in its sole discretion, that a user's participation in the Directory creates an actual or potential liability for the University, or that the user has violated the policies set forth herein, the University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take actions against the user. The University reserves the right to expel a user and/or deny a user further access to the Directory if such user violates these policies or any applicable laws or regulations.
- Liability + Indemnity
The reliability of the information available through the Directory, including but not limited to contact information and class notes, is largely dependent upon the actions of Directory members. The University makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of this information.
The University does not warrant that the Directory website will operate error-free or that the site and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful material. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the University disclaims all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose. In no event shall the GWAA or the University be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, resulting from the use of or inability to use information or materials available on the Directory web site.
By using The George Washington University Alumni Directory website, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the University, and its respective agents from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses that may arise from your use of the Directory website or your breach of these policies. The University will provide notice to you of any such action or claim, and reserves the right to participate, at its expense, in the investigation, settlement, and defense of any such action or claim.
Please note that the University may revise these policies and your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications. You should review the policies periodically to ensure that you are familiar with them.